CS169 Mobile Wireless Networks (Winter 2017)
This course covers wireless channel models, MAC protocols, wireless network architecture, cellular networks, WLAN, ad hoc networks, routing in multi-hop wireless networks, wireless security, impact of wireless links over TCP performance and other transport layer solutions.
- New! (03/16) Lecture 12 slides uploaded
- New! (03/12) Checker code for available attributes posted
- (03/09) Lecture 11 slides uploaded
- (03/06) Lecture 10 slides uploaded
- (02/27) Lab 6 slides posted
- (02/26) Final project: Add trace source to UDP echo servers: files uploaded
- (02/24) Lecture 9 slides uploaded
- (02/15) Lecture 8 slides uploaded
- (02/13) Lab 5 slides posted
- (02/10) Lecture 7 slides uploaded
- (02/08) Makeup Lab dates posted
- (02/08) Homework 2 graded and scores available on iLearn
- (02/08) Lecture 6 slides uploaded
- (02/06) Lab 4 slides uploaded
- (02/06) Lab 3 solutions to exercises posted
- (02/02) Important announcements will be made through iLearn and general announcements are here on this course website.
- (02/02) Lecture 5 slides posted
- (01/30) Lab 3 slides posted
All announcements are archived here. Link
These materials are helpful for students who are not familiar with computer networks and communications.
- Computer network basics Link
- Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach Link
- Lecture: Boyce Hall 1471 / M W F 10:10 am - 11:00 am
- Lab 021: WCH 132 / T 10:10 am - 01:00 pm
- Lab 022: WCH 133 / M 06:10 pm - 09:00 pm
||Makeup Lab 1
||Makeup Lab 2
After Lab 6, you do not have to attend lab anymore but I will be standing by in the lab to help you with the projects should you have questions.
Lecture Slides and Homeworks
- Homework: Please use iLearn to see homework questions and submit your solutions, which will also be graded on iLearn.
Lab Slides and Exercises
Please find the project information file on iLearn
- Add a trace source called Rx to UDP echo servers: .cc .h
Show all the attributes available for the simulation script to SetDefault:
In the header, insert
Before Simulation::Stop, put
Config::SetDefault ("ns3::ConfigStore::Filename", StringValue ("output-attributes.txt"));
Config::SetDefault ("ns3::ConfigStore::FileFormat", StringValue ("RawText"));
Config::SetDefault ("ns3::ConfigStore::Mode", StringValue ("Save"));
If you see a newly added attribute in the output-attributes.txt, you can now SetDefault for your backoff mode value.